Who We Are
Vale is one of the world's largest mining companies, with a presence in more than 30 countries across five continents worldwide. Our mission is to transform natural resources into prosperity and sustainable development.
Vale is also the world's second largest producer of nickel, with its Base Metals business headquartered in Toronto. Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, our Canadian operations also produce copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver . We aim to produce profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company where our most important value is "life matters most".
Vale's operations in Sudbury are home to one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world, including six mines, a mill, a smelter and a refinery. It is also one of the safest, with the mines being awarded the national John T. Ryan award in several recent consecutive years. Sudbury is also the heart of Vale's environmental initiatives. In partnership with the community, Sudbury has made great strides in its environmental recovery program and through improved mining practices and support in the re-greening of the region. For these and other efforts globally, in 2013 Vale was named one of the 50 most sustainable corporations in the world, according to the 9th edition of the Global 100 list of the world's most sustainable corporations.
Our Sudbury Operations is currently seeking a :
We are currently looking for a competent Winder. The successful applicant will have the ability to work with minimal supervision in a shop environment. They must also have the ability to troubleshoot, and perform on-site repairs, with minimum supervision.
- To test, dismantle, repair, rewind, modify and assemble or overhaul armatures, stators, rotors, commutators and field coils for any size, type and style of A.C. and D.C. electric motors, generators, alternators, transformers and magnetic devices.
- High standard in safety and help promote safety with peers.
- Complete breakdown, corrective and minor reports;
- Inspect, examine and test parts in order to recommend the extent and nature of the work to be done;
- Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer's specifications and the functional needs of the operation;
- Adjust, repair or replace defective parts and components of the electrical equipment systems;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment;
- Conduct final inspections to ensure that work detailed on work order has been completed to meet safety standards;
- Provide feedback improvement suggestions to the supervisor and planner and implement those that are within your ability;
- Improve equipment availability and efficiency through quality maintenance and failure analysis.
Completion of a formal apprenticeship program in Electrical Motor and Apparatus Rewinding and Repair is an asset or have graduated from related schooling.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 4 years experience (apprenticeship).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with troubleshooting, repair and rewinding of all types of AC Motors, both Mush, and Form coil
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of DC Motors and Generators
- Knowledge of transformers would be a nice to have
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.