Vale is one of the world’s largest integrated mining companies, with global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. We employ approximately 125,000 people in over 30 countries and are a leading global producer of iron ore and nickel.
We exist to improve life and transform the future. This is evidenced in our Base Metals business which provides the world with the critical minerals needed to power our electric vehicles, create renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Vale Base Metals operates in Canada, U.K., Brazil, Japan and Indonesia and is one of the world’s largest producers of responsibly sourced nickel, copper, cobalt and platinum group metals.
In Canada, Vale employs approximately 6,000 people at sites in Manitoba, Ontario, and Newfoundland and Labrador. Through their hard work, innovation and forward thinking, it is our employees, and a wholesome orebody of course, that ensures a bright future for Vale in Canada — a future we want you to be a part of.
Why Join Vale
We’re changing with the world. Be part of our evolution. Vale offers excellent benefits to permanent employees:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity and inclusion and career growth
- Online training and career development opportunities
- Opportunities to grow your career in a large global company, and mining industry leader
- Participation in our Employee Family Assistance Program