Instrumentation & Control Tech
Who We Are
Vale is one of the world's largest mining companies, with a presence in more than 30 countries across five continents worldwide. Our mission is to transform natural resources into prosperity and sustainable development.
Vale is also the world's largest producer of nickel, with its Base Metals business headquartered in Toronto. Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, our Canadian operations also produce copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver. We aim to produce profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company where our most important value is "life matters most". We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and promotes diversity in our work force.
Vale's operations in Sudbury are home to one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world, including six mines, a mill, a smelter and a refinery. It is also one of the safest, with the mines being awarded the national John T. Ryan award in several recent consecutive years. Sudbury is also the heart of Vale's environmental initiatives. In partnership with the community, Sudbury has made great strides in its environmental recovery program and through improved mining practices and support in the re-greening of the region. For these and other efforts globally, in 2013 Vale was named one of the 50 most sustainable corporations in the world, according to the 9th edition of the Global 100 list of the world's most sustainable corporations.
Our Sudbury Operation is currently seeking an:
The successful candidate will maintain and improve the reliability of production by installing/replacing and calibrating quality instrumentation.
- Safely install, test, debug and troubleshoot various pieces of equipment, preforming inspections as required.
- Safely perform Preventative Maintenance work to meet production schedules.
- Diagnose and repair instrumentation equipment problems and breakdowns to reduce impact on operations.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints, electrical diagrams and OEM Manuals.
- Follow established Company Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Respond to emergency situations and or call outs as required.
- Report deviations to established procedures and provide required documentation of work performed.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will possess an Instrumentation and Control Technician (447A) and or Red seal accreditation.
- A College Technician or Technology Diploma in Instrumentation will also be considered.
- A College Technology Diploma in the Electrical/Electronics discipline with Instrumentation and/or Automation specialty will also be considered.
- PLC or DCS background would be considered an asset.
- Industrial or Construction Electrician license would be considered an asset.
- Gas technician certification would be considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years of trade experience (apprenticeship included)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation required
- Concern for Health, Safety and Environment
- Accuracy and thoughtfulness
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Strong mechanical and automation background would be an asset
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act , accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted