Utility Labourer - C.C.N.R.
Who We Are
Vale is one of the world's largest mining companies, with a presence in more than 30 countries across five continents worldwide. Our mission is to transform natural resources into prosperity and sustainable development.
Vale is also the world's largest producer of nickel, with its Base Metals business headquartered in Toronto. Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, our Canadian operations also produce copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver. We aim to produce profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company where our most important value is "life matters most". We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and promotes diversity in our work force.
Vale's operations in Sudbury are home to one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world, including five mines, a mill, a smelter and a refinery. It is also one of the safest, with the mines being awarded the national John T. Ryan award in several recent consecutive years. Sudbury is also the heart of Vale's environmental initiatives. In partnership with the community, Sudbury has made great strides in its environmental recovery program and through improved mining practices and support in the re-greening of the region. For these and other efforts globally, in 2013 Vale was named one of the 50 most sustainable corporations in the world, according to the 9th edition of the Global 100 list of the world's most sustainable corporations.
Our Sudbury Operations is currently seeking a:
Utility Labourer, Copper Cliff Nickel Refinery
The successful candidate will be a member of the Copper Cliff Nickel Refinery and must have the necessary skills to motivate and participate productively in a team environment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Commitment to safety
- Participate fully in the Vale Production System (VPS)
- Teamwork will be a key requirement of the role along with the ability to work on one's own initiatives when required.
- The role will entail shift work
- Complete written pre-operation checks on all equipment, provide an end of shift report of work completed.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum Ontario Secondary School Diploma or GED.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience with a demonstrated safe work record.
- Experience operating equipment for hot metal processes would be an asset.
- Chemical plant experience an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work well with others in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to operate as a contributing member of a team
- Strong diagnostic skills and judgment
- Written and oral communication skills
- Able to take action and/or make decisions affecting security/well-being of others, i.e. alerting others to unsafe conditions
- Must to be able to pass the internal operator training requirements
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.