Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist Department: Life & Disability Management Competition: 4812 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent Location: Etobicoke Salary: Comprehensive Compensation Reports To: Team Leader, Life & Disability Management
Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist
The caring critical thinker
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? We WANT you to have work-life balance, it's in our DNA. No overnight shifts, no weekends, paid time off to take care of yourself or the ones you love and because we're in the health business - paid benefits and perks to keep you at your very best.
We're looking for a Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist who is interested in helping people; who understands that no two cases are alike, and can manage relationships, identify opportunities, solve problems and make decisions using the right interventions to support recovery and return to work. Our award-winning culture, team leaders who really care, unmatched training and support are all dedicated to ensure you are set up of success.
Your every day with us:
The insurance business isn't just about claims - it's about relationships too. No one wants to be in a situation where they are sick or injured and require time off work, but sometimes the unexpected happens. It's in those moments that our members put their trust in us to provide the support they need to navigate their recovery. They aren't just looking for someone to process their claim; they are looking for someone who is empathetic and will work with the resources available to ensure they are receiving appropriate care and to help facilitate a safe and sustainable return to work plan when the time is right.
Working with a qualified team of high-energy people just like yourself, you would manage a block of short or long-term disability cases. You would be responsible for every part of the disability claim process, from the initial decision, to building the right case management plan, identifying the supports needed, monitoring treatment and achievement of the plan and working with the member, employer and providers involved in the case.
Can you imagine the potential to help others when you can leverage a team of passionate experts every day to ensure you are doing everything you can to make a difference in your claimants life?
What you need to succeed:
- You actually like helping people - this is non-negotiable;
- You are a good communicator - you are clear, concise and friendly but know how to communicate to different audiences such as treatment providers and physicians, the employer and sometimes lawyers;
- You have earned a post-secondary diploma or degree and/or relevant working experience in health sciences or a related field;
- You have strong technical aptitude - you can multitask and navigate between multiple software application;
- You can handle the good, the bad and the ugly. In this job, dealing with difficult conversations and complex information is what you do every day;
- You are a problem-solving master, you understand client needs and learn quickly how to get the best results in any environment;
- You bring a positive attitude to everything you do; you are reliable and your team can count on you;
- Are you currently in a disability case management role with another insurer or government agency? Let us tell you why we'd be worth considering for your next career move;
- Being Bilingual in English and French is mandatory;
- Maybe you're not a "case manager" BUT you have a solid understanding of contract wording, the ability to analyze contractual, medical, functional and vocational information and a common sense, factual approach to decision making - a career in disability might a perfect fit for you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code , Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Claims, Medical, Developer, Insurance, Healthcare, Technology