Reporting to the Director of Resident Care, the Physiotherapist will work with the Therapeutic Team to monitor and assist treatments and exercises designed to increase the mobility of the residents and Mountain Lea Lodge.
· Carries out assessments and suitable treatments and exercises designed to increase the mobility of residents.
· Assesses all residents for safe movement and ensure this is recorded on the COP posted in each resident's room.
· Maintains progress notes and chart on resident's progress.
· Instructs and guides the PTA in treatment techniques/exercise programs.
· Communicates resident's progress with other therapeutic team members and House staff.
· Assists the Occupational Therapist in the assessing and prescribing of assistive or adaptive equipment.
· Maintains open communication with residents, family members, and staff, keeping them abreast of the resident's conditions and any changes.
· Participates in the overall management of the resident care and the environment which may include but not limited to: OH&S Committee, Lift and Transfers Committee and Falls Prevention Committee.
· Participates in department/team meetings as requested.
· Demonstrates knowledge of safe transfer and lifting techniques, share knowledge and techniques with other staff members through in-service session and on the job training.
· Provides staff training on proper body mechanics and safe use of equipment.
· Takes an active interest in continuing education pertaining to the therapeutic care of the elderly and other related topics.
· Graduate of a University Physiotherapy Program.
· Registered with The Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists (NSCP).
· Excellent verbal or written communications.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
· Excellent time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
· Problem identification and problem resolution skills.
· High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
· Strong moral and ethics, along with a commitment to patient privacy.
Work With Us
Your Home - Our Passion" is our guiding principle in providing the best quality of life for our residents in a home environment. We are committed to creating a caring community that treats our residents with respect and dignity at all times. Mountain Lea Lodge is made up of many talented and caring individuals who are committed to excellence. Our people are the heart of our community and our organization. Together we have established an environment that is a great place to work, develop and grow. Our staff are our greatest asset, we look forward to having you as part of our healthcare team. Our healthcare plan is with Health Association and the pension plan through NSHEPP.