Job Title: Continuing Care Assistant
Job Type: .45 FTE (with ability to work up to full-time hours)
Closing Date: Until filled
Work Location: Foyer Père Fiset
Number of Positions: 3
We are searching for a Continuing Care Assistant to join our team at the Foyer Père Fiset in Cheticamp, Nova Scotia.
What we offer:
- Hourly wage range: $21.47-$23.27 plus shift and weekend premiums
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible upon hire for part-time and full-time staff) including travel insurance and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vacation accrual
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- A $1,000 retention bonus in return for a 2-year commitment (paid upon completion of probationary period)
- May be eligible for up to $5,000 relocation costs reimbursement
About the Job
- Assists residents with personal care and activities of daily living, such as: bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, meals, and mobilizing according to the work assignment;
- Collaborates with the resident and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Resident Care Plan;
- Plans and/or assists in the planning and implementation of resident leisure activities on a daily basis;
- Performs cleaning duties after mealtimes and assists with light housekeeping duties in resident rooms;
- Performs delegated tasks as determined by scope of employment;
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding resident status and safety to RN/LPN Supervisor.
- You have a valid Continuing Care Certification (CCA) or equivalent and are registered with the Health Association of Nova Scotia CCA Registry;
- You can work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- You can provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening upon hire;
- You have experience working with the elderly in a seniors' living or long-term care environment;(considered an asset);
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care course is considered an asset;
- Experience in Palliative Care is considered an asset;
- A valid CPR & First Aid Certification is considered an asset;
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the authority of the Municipality of the County of Inverness. The Corporation is comprised of four (4) separate entities: two (2) Long Term Care Homes; Inverary Manor, (located in Inverness, NS) and Foyer Père Fiset (located in Cheticamp, NS) and two (2) Small Option Homes; Koster Huis (Mabou, NS) and Port Hood Small Options (Port Hood, NS).
Foyer Père Fiset is a 71-bed long-term care facility (10 which are RCF level and 1 respite room) located in Cheticamp, a traditional Acadian fishing village situated along the picturesque Cabot Trail, nestled between the majestic mountains of the Cape Breton Island highlands and the shining waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Construction of a new modern state-of-the-art replacement facility is expected to begin in the fall of 2023 and open to residents in 2025.
Foyer Père Fiset values diversity in our workplace and we welcome all applicants. Only those who selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19