New World Dairy Inc.
St. David's, NL
Located in the heart of Western Newfoundland, New World Dairy Inc. (NWD) is a frontrunner in the dairy farming landscape in Canada. NWD is committed to providing top quality dairy products as the largest commercial dairy farm in Atlantic Canada. Their farm is not just a business, it's a way of life that promotes sustainability, environmental stewardship, and community. By pushing the boundaries of innovation, animal welfare and ethical farming practices, NWD is driving positive change within the dairy industry.
On behalf of NWD, we're searching for an Agronomist to lead their team! If you have a passion for agriculture and want to contribute to the sustainable growth of Newfoundland's dairy industry, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
As the Agronomist, you will play a pivotal role in advancing their dairy farm's productivity, efficiency, and environmental stewardship. Your role will encompass conducting in-depth research, introducing modern farming techniques, and fostering collaboration to optimize outcomes for their dairy operations. With your expertise and strategic mindset, you will lead their operations through aspects of crop management, soil health, and sustainable practices. This newly created position will report directly to, and work closely with, the Managing Director as you shape the future of farming and their organization.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a strong background in agricultural science, a knack for innovation, and a passion for sustainable farming practices. Your strategic thinking capabilities are a true asset, driving you to navigate challenges and transform them into opportunities. With a resourceful and solutions-driven approach, you don't mind getting your hands dirty and enjoy cultivating crops in unique micro-climate zones. Your adept people management skills, and ability to work cohesively, position you as a leader who can rally a team towards a shared vision of success.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Develop and execute innovative agronomic strategies to enhance crop yields, forage quality, and overall sustainability.
- Collaborate with farm managers, and nutritionists to optimize feed quality and herd health.
- Monitor soil conditions, conduct nutrient analysis, and develop appropriate soil management practices.
- Monitor crop health and take preventative measures to control pests and weeds.
- Stay current with industry trends and integrate new technologies to continuously improve farming practices.
- Lead and participate in educational initiatives for the team and the local farming community.
- Foster a culture of environmental responsibility, animal welfare and safety.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Science, or related field.
- Proven experience in agricultural research, crop management, and sustainable farming practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that can translate data into actionable insights.
- A strategic thinking mindset with the ability to see the bigger picture and devise creative solutions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively within a team.
- Passion for agriculture, a proactive attitude, and a commitment to continuous learning.
- Knowledge of Newfoundland's agricultural landscape is an asset.
What They Offer:
- Excellent salary and benefits package.
- Relocation assistance.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on a leading dairy farm.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
If you're ready to bring your expertise and passion to a team dedicated to revolutionizing dairy farming in Newfoundland and Labrador, we'd love to hear from you!
For more information, contact Krista Power at 709-722-4462 or [email protected] or Caroline Aciely at 709-383-1328 or [email protected]. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Melody Curran at [email protected] or709-722-6890.
Meridia Recruitment connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our website: www.meridiarecruitment.ca. For information on opportunities with our parent company, KBRS, visit www.kbrs.ca.