Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Ottawa, Ontario / Montreal, Quebec
Reference No. CG-16931
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has exclusively partnered with Teledyne Lumenera, part of the Teledyne Imaging Group. Teledyne Lumenera is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom and OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial and scientific applications.
The Senior HRBP is responsible for delivering a wide range of consultative and HR support services to the business and its employees. while providing high quality, consistent HR service across the organization in the designated business units working both strategically and tactically. This position is currently responsible for supporting our Montreal and Ottawa businesses and has an HR Advisor reporting. The position can be based in Montreal or Ottawa.
Teledyne provides an inclusive, supportive and collaborative work environment. Teledyne is committed to the growth and well-being of their employees and offer competitive compensation, RRSP matching, employee stock purchase plans and phenomenal benefits.
- Manage employee relation issues and support managers in performance, employee relations, retention, hiring and employment termination.
- Work with site leaders to implement corporate policies related to human resources, organizational and employee development plans for the business unit.
- Provide guidance on people practices and strategies such as restructures and succession planning.
- Work closely with local HR team members and other HRBP's within the wider Canadian HR teams.
- Work closely with internal recruitment and training specialists to maintain overall HR engagement and service to stakeholders and customers.
- Be the local point of contact for managers regarding a wide range of HR topics, e.g.: pay and benefit enquiries, company policy questions and day to day queries across the life cycle of employment.
- Understand the business supported beyond the HR function and influence the local organization to ensure superior operations and business outcomes.
- Support line managers with recruitment decisions in line with resource planning activities.
- Support compensation and benefits activities locally (e.g. Annual Salary Review, pension enrollment/liaison with the providers)
- Co-ordinate people development activities by identifying needs and working with HR colleagues to source providers as necessary.
- Deliver local training on corporate/regional HR products.
- Support with HR projects as and when required.
- Provide guidance to managers and employees on HR policy and processes.
- Ensure timely communications of HR related topics to client groups and businesses, in both French and English.
- Recommend and draft updates to company policies and processes in line with local legislation.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Procedures, Policies and Work Instructions ensuring best practice.
- Manage various leaves files (Disability, Maternity, etc.)
- Contribute to the HR weekly and monthly metrics reporting and validations for areas of responsibility.
- Professional qualification in Human Resources Management. A professional designation is an asset.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Able to discuss exercise sound judgment and advise management on all aspects of employee related matters in an objective and professional manner.
- Excellent communications abilities with all levels of employees and management and a strong influencer with leadership decisions.
- A self-starter, able to work independently while collaborating effectively withing various groups.
- Ability to multitask and management sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proactive and self-motivated and teamwork oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in both French and English.
- Ability to provide onsite support and travel occasionally to other business sites.
- Knowledge of Workday, SAP, Success Factors, Cornerstone and/or iCIMS would be advantageous
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Cassandra George, Senior Consultant at 647-888-5199 or [email protected] If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Cassandra know
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.