EMC delivers a high-quality pre-hospital care program and Telehealth service to Nova Scotians every day. We achieve this through more than 1,400 employees, including highly-trained paramedics, nurses, medical communication officers, and support staff.
As an employee of EMC, we are accountable to our patients and coworkers by participating in and supporting all safety-related initiatives and acting in a manner that fosters a culture that focuses on patient safety and a healthy, safe and respectful workplace.
Human Resources Business Partner
Full Time Permanent
Manager, Human Resource Business Parternship
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resource Business Partnership, the HRBP is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources leadership on organizational initiatives. It is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence.
As the HRBP you will be required to work collaboratively with other HR professionals across our Medavie Health Services and Medavie Inc. Canadian Operations. You will offer innovative solutions to challenging human resources related issues faced by our business and will lead various province-wide initiatives. You will play a strategic part in supporting operational project teams from design concept through to execution and will be required to lead joint committees with our union stakeholders. You will lead and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Be a true business partner to organizational leadership, other divisional functions, and employees in all HR matters by understanding business challenges and goals and developing trusting relationships
- Establish service direction and build staff capabilities through ongoing performance management
- Lead performance development with the department, establishing annual goals and personal development, linking to the organization's strategic direction
- Lead and mentor HR Advisors and HR Administrators in the application of common human resources processes
- Provide advice on compliance with applicable legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code, and/orEMC and MHS specific policies
- Chair bi-monthly Labour Management meetings, handling all Step II grievances, conducting research, negotiating solutions, communicating responses, and preparing for arbitration hearings
- Act as Human Resources representative on union negotiations (three unions) and collective bargaining, conducting research, data collection and drafting language
- Leverage outstanding interpersonal skills to foster and maintain successful and influential relationships
- Help maintain strong, rewarding, and equitable relationships with employees through application of policies, processes, and access to education. Provide support as well as lead investigations on employee concerns or complaints, absence and sickness, HR issues and respectful workplace
- Create, plan, and deliver HR program materials and internal policies
- Work as a change agent in the development and execution of HR initiatives
- Occasional travel within Nova Scotia
- Minimum eightyears' experiencein a related senior level Human Resources generalist/ manager position
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Labour Studies, Human Resources, or a related discipline. Human Resources Management graduate certificate and/ or Chartered Professional Human Resources (CPHR) designation considered an asset
- Previous leadership experience required
- Proven experience leading major Human Resources initiatives from implementation through to execution is required
- Previous experience working in a unionized workplace is beneficial
- Understands business goals and recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures for continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Strong project management skills: ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results
- Prior success in creating and driving effective employee relations, retention, and reward programs
- Comfortable with high volume workload and strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Ability to travel within Nova Scotia as needed
- Bilingualism (English/ French) considered an asset
If you are interested in this position and would like to be a part of a high-performing organization, please submit your cover letter and resume.
Note:This position is also posted on the EMCI (Emergency Medical Care Inc.) Careers Page. If you have already applied for this position on their website, we have your application on file and you are not required to apply a second time through this link. This posting will remain active until the role is filled.
EMC falls under the Nova Scotia provincial protocol for mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination. In accordance with this mandate, subject to any approved accommodation, all new employees hired or existing employees (applying for new positions) will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, "fully vaccinated" means 14 days or more after receiving the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce representing the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, and persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Travel Nurse, Public Health, Counseling, Drafting, Healthcare, Engineering, Customer Service