For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. As a not-for-profit organization, we proudly invest in communities to help address some of Canada's most pressing health care challenges. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Life & Health Insurer of the Year for 2021 and an Imagine Canada Caring Company.
Our 2,400 professionals work across six provinces, united by our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture focused on ensuring health, wellness, and personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support across our organization.
Together with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health solutions partner with over 7,200 employees. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Customer Service Representative Department: Federal Contact Centre Competition: 85090 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Location: Atlantic and Ontario (Remote and Onsite available) Salary: Competitive Compensation and Benefits Reports To: Team Leader
Motivated by helping others?
In this role you will provide support and service to our memberswhere you will have the opportunity toeffectively problem solve and contribute positively to a team environment. Your objective in this role is to ensure that the person making the inquiry receives the highest level of customer service possible.
Far from your typical contact center experience - we have some of the highest employee satisfaction scores in the whole company.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- Monday to Friday shifts / No overnights / No weekends!
- We offer an extensive virtual paid training program, ensuring you are prepared to hit the floor and take calls.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- We will send you the necessary equipment you will need to get started!
Superstars on our team:
- Respond to 75-100 calls per day
- Respond to inquiries related to health care benefits, program eligibility, payment-related information, and other generalinquiries;
- Quickly assess and resolve any challenging situations and provide effective strategies, aiming for a first- call resolution
- Are committed to excellence in customer service; providing the highest level of dedication in allservice areas.
What you need to succeed:
- You like helping people - this is non-negotiable;
- You are a good communicator - through email and phone, you areclear, concise and friendly;
- Whatever it takesattitude, you like a new challenge every day;
- You have training and education and/or relevant working experience in customer service or health and at least a high school diploma;
- The ability to work varying shifts between 8am - 10pm Monday to Friday
- Ensure you are able to concentrate, have high attention to detail and sit while using a computer and on a head-set for prolonged periods of time
- Those who have 2+ years with Contact Centre experience and enjoy this industry have proven to be verysuccessful in our environment;
- Strong technical aptitude - you can multitask and navigate between multiple software applications simultaneously while ensuring you continue to support the caller at the same time;
- You can handle the good and challenging calls;
- You are a problem-solving master, you understand the callers needs and learn quickly how to get the best results in any environment.
- We accept applications from both English and Bilingual (French/English spoken and written) candidates.
- In conjunction with our contract with the Federal Government, you will be required tohave Reliability Status Clearance (Enhanced Level B) through the Public Works and Government Services CanadaDepartment prior to your first day.This includes; Fingerprinting, Criminal Record Check and Credit Check.
Remote work requirements:
- Based on the types of data CSRs have access to, there are different physical security requirements for home office setup including:
- Employee may be subject to internal physical site inspections
- Private working area that has a locked door, secure locked perimeter doors (patio doors require a locking bar or pin), an approved locking file cabinet and a locked office space in a controllable environment.
- Employees must connect to an approved home network (we would either provide or specify the acceptable routers/connectivity equipment).
- Work area must be private and free of household noise.
- Location of the work area mitigates risks to privacy; for example, that information on the monitor can only be viewed by the employee. The use of privacy screens is required if the home is shared with others.
- Headset is mandatory i.e. no speaker phone so family or roommates cannot hear others on the call.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential -a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. ( please note, we will send a Vidcruiter Link to anyone selected to be interviewed)
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Call Center, Equity, Customer Service, Finance