For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Business Analyst Department: Medavie and Underwriting Competition: 12292 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Etobicoke, ON Salary: Comprehansive Compensation Reports To: Manager, Client Services
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing reporting and data management support and co-ordination on complex corporate group insurance customers. This role works in conjunction with the Account Executive and Account Associate teams within the Ontario Medavie Blue Cross corporate sales and service department, to ensure accurate and efficient delivery of the financial and service reporting requirements of major corporate clients. This is a client facing role dealing directly with external group insurance consultants and advisors.
Your strong communication, attention to detail, analytical skills and knowledge of group insurance benefit plans, will be utilized to capture customer's business needs and effectively liaise with all impacted stakeholders to deliver on quality data requirements and multiple deadlines.
- Schedule, co-ordinate, track, analyze, and follow up on a large volume of data across multiple systems and departments, in a fast-paced environment;
- Manage report deliverables and schedules to ensure they are completed within established timelines and have the ability to appropriately set expectations with all stakeholders;
- Manage ad hoc report requirements requested by the customer;
- Manage ad hoc report requirements necessary for internal project work or customer deliverables;
- Identify discrepancies, missing information or other questions, and resolve these directly with appropriate parties;
- Correspond with both internal and external customers, including the ability to explain & present relevant data;
- Develop, document & maintain process documentation as it relates to corporate clients;
- Extensive Excel experience is required. Responsibilities will include the requirement to merge data from multiple spreadsheets or sources of information while ensuring data integrity is maintained;
- Detailed work in Salesforce documenting various account management activities;
- General group insurance administrative support functions for the corporate Sales & Service team.
Required Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Education: College diploma, bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- Work Experience: 2+ years of relevant experience
- High level of understanding of the interconnectivity relationships between business needs, systems and customer service;
- Ability to co-ordinate, assemble, analyze, and evaluate complex group insurance data;
- Effective communication skills with demonstrated ability to target key messages to a variety of audiences;
- Strong relationship management skills with proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships, understand the principals of 'needs anticipation' and can be a trusted business partner to peers and clients.
- Advanced Excel skills; ability to effectively manipulate data while adhering to privacy guidelines, proficient at using spreadsheets.
- English, written and verbal, is required
- French language, written and verbal, is considered an asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code , Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Underwriter, Business Analyst, Developer, Administrative Assistant, Relationship Manager, Insurance, Finance, Technology, Administrative, Customer Service