Digital Product Manager (03-2121)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Digital Product Manager, based in Moncton, NB or Halifax, NS.
As the Digital Product Manager reporting to the Manager, Digital Operations, you lead the evolution of our primary digital properties through the product lifecycle, making sure we deliver experiences our players will love. Working collaboratively with business and technical stakeholders, you help define our vision, strategy and roadmap of features and guide development from concept to launch. You are relentless in the pursuit of new ways to optimize and grow alc.ca and our mobile apps.
Understand our Players and Market: conduct market and competitive assessments to gain a deep understanding of our players and trends affecting the competitive landscape. Share findings with key stakeholders to influence action within the organization.
Strategy: create a vision, strategy and roadmap that meets player needs and delivers strong returns against corporate priorities. Work with the UX team to design experiences our players will love.
Assess Business Value: assess features, functionality and business opportunities. Write business cases. Prioritize projects and the product backlog against established value metrics. Define a minimum viable product.
Build and Deliver: act as Business Lead / Product Owner on projects and enhancements. Guide the product through all phases of the development process. Write business requirements and user stories. Work with the Project Manager / Scrum Master to remove impediments. Manage the backlog and ensure the delivery team is focused on the highest value opportunities. Work with stakeholders to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
Optimize: monitor performance against key metrics to identify customer pain points and best opportunities for growth.
Lead and Collaborate: Be a champion for alc.ca and our mobile apps. Bring the product vision to life and inject passion and energy into our projects. Build and maintain effective, collaborative relationships throughout the organization. Gain an understanding of the technical complexity affecting our digital properties.
User Acceptance Testing: Support user acceptance testing efforts when delivering projects or enhancements.
What we can expect from you:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communicator (verbal and written).
- A good sense of business value drivers.
- Experience working on projects in a team-based environment.
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Someone who understands user experience best practices and web technologies.
- Someone collaborative and can get your point across with tact.
- Someone comfortable bringing recommendations forward and making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Someone willing to learn and try new things that help the team and the organization
- Someone who's decisions are always made with the player in mind and;
- Someone able to adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Minimum of 3+ years business experience leading digital products or brands.
- An understanding of user experience best practices and web technologies.
Awesome if you had:
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
- Product or Brand Management.
- Agile Development methodologies (Scrum).
- Mobile apps (Android and iOS).
- Project and UX software (JIRA, Axure, etc.).
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far?
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.