Continuing Care Assistant
POSITION: Continuing Care Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Resident Care
HOURS OF WORK: 8 & 12 hour day and night rotation
DATE REQUIRED: Immediately
POSTING DATE: August 29, 2020
The Continuing Care Assistant provides assistance and care to the residents, the extent of which is determined by an ongoing assessment of the residents' needs. Saint Vincent's offers free parking and paid orientation for three shifts.
- Provincial Continuing Care Assistant/Personal Care Worker/Home Health Provider or Home Health Aid Certification OR Hired prior to April 2006 as a Personal Care Worker in a Nursing Home or Home for the Aged in Nova Scotia AND who has been employed in that capacity within twelve (12) months prior to employment at SVNH.
- Previous experience in geriatric nursing.
- Good observation and communication skills.
- Ability to organize duties and follow plan of care set down for residents.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to relate to elderly persons
- Good physical and mental health.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Interest in personal learning and development.
- Fulfills the requirements of the position as demonstrated by regular attendance at work.
See Schedule A, C.U.P.E Collective Agreement, Group 1.
Quoting competition number CCA-303-CB, apply in writing to email@example.com. Only applicants who meet the above qualifications will be contacted for an interview.