Disability Claims Manager (Moncton or Dartmouth)
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Disability Case Manager Department: Life and Disability Competition: 5790 Internal/External: Internal/ External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Moncton or Dartmouth Salary: Competitive Compensation and Benefits Reports To: Team Leader
The insurance business isn't just about claims - it's about relationships too. No one wants to be in a situation where they are sick or injured and require time off work, but sometimes the unexpected happens. It's in those moments that our members put their trust in us to provide the guidance they need to navigate their recovery. They aren't just looking for someone to process their claim; they are looking for someone they can count on to get them back to the quality of life they deserve.
We're looking for a Disability Claims Manager who is interested in helping people. Who understands that no two cases are alike, and can achieve the goal - getting the member back to work.
Working with a qualified team of high-energy people just like yourself, you would manage a block of short or long-term disability cases. You would be responsible for every part of the disability claim process, from the initial decision, to building the right case management plan, identifying the support needed, monitoring treatment and achievement of the plan and working with the member, employer and providers involved in the case.
What else is in it for you?
- A stimulating and flexible working environment
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
- Health and dental Benefits Program 100% paid by the employer
- An organization where we encourage personal learning and growth
- A focus on work-life balance and well-being, including health support tools and discounts on your fitness membership
- If getting involved in charitable causes is something you're passionate about, we support and offer plenty of opportunities to give back
- We are a not-for-profit organization and our shareholders are the communities in which we operate. 13% of our net income goes back into our communities through the Medavie Health Foundation and our Building Healthy Communities program.
- Post-secondary university or a college degree completed in the health sciences or a related field
- Three to five years equivalent experience in disability case management with another insurer or government agency, managing Short or Long Term Disability claims is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to successfully partner and influence various stakeholders including the claimant, their treatment providers and physicians, the employer group administrators, human resources and lawyers
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills and the ability to communicate complex and difficult information clearly with tact and sensitivity
- An understanding of contract wording and the ability to thoroughly review medical reports and other tools available (e.g. Independent Medical Exams, Function Capacity Exams, surveillance, medical consultant reviews) is an asset
- A general understanding of the health care and insurance fields, health related terminology, concepts of accommodation and return to work
- Bilingualism is a strong asset.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Medical, Claims, Manager, Healthcare Consultant, Healthcare, Insurance, Management