Loyalty and Retention Specialist - Individual Products
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Loyalty and Retention Specialist - Individual Products Department: Sales Competition: 5431 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Moncton, NB Salary: Comprehensive Compensation + Incentive Reports To: Team Leader
What's in it for you?
The insurance business isn't just about claims - it's about people and building strong relationships while allowing us to assist the member with all their health insurance needs.
Engaging our members is more than giving the member what they expect; it's about exceeding their expectations. We are looking for a Loyalty and Retention Specialist for a November 4th start date who is empowered to support and engage our members through every interaction while strengthening our Individual Business. The Loyalty and Retention Specialist is responsible for retaining and growing the Individual business by providing health solutions to new and existing customers, following an established process.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day;
- Consistent schedule of 8:00a.m to 5:00pm, no weekends!
- We offer extensive paid training and opportunities for career development and advancement;
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts.
Your every day with us:
- Serve as the initial contact resolution specialist with Individual Plan Members to assess their plan and payment needs, utilizing strong listening and problem-solving skills;
- Learn and understand all lines of the Individual Health benefits, services and products to be able to successfully promote & explain them to members;
- Handle plan cancellation requests and provide alternate solutions by e ducating members and explaining the value of purchasing or upgrading our products;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written through phone and email inquiries;
- Liaise with other internal departments to resolve and enhance the members inquiry with a positive outcome and aimed at first call resolution;
- Research and analyze complex issues to determine appropriate resolution and aim for continuous improvement by actively seeking and identifying enhancements to processes;
- Work independently and as part of a team to encourage a positive environment;
- Meet personal and team targets.
What you need to succeed:
- You like helping people and have a p roven commitment to the delivery of superior customer service and retention;
- You are an excellent communicator - through email and phone, you are clear, concise and friendly;
- A strong desire to succeed, driven by individual results within a team-based environment;
- Self-directed and goal-oriented with a sense of accountability and resourcefulness;
- Ability to build relationships with members through effective conversations that foster trust and enable you to influence their decisions about their plans;
- Ability to quickly analyze problems and initiate effective resolutions;
- Strong technical aptitude - you can multitask and navigate between multiple software applications simultaneously;
- Obtaining a Provincial Life, Accident & Sickness license, LLQP, will be required within 6 months from hire date is a requirement of the role; Medavie will cover the cost of an accredited education provider for the LLQP Course, as well as the first exams and licensing fees.
- Post-secondary education in Sales and/or Business or equivalent;
- 1-2 years of experience in Sales and/or Retention in the insurance or health care industry would be an asset;
- Bilingualism would be considered a strong asset.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Claims, Business Development, Insurance, Sales