Special Authorization Analyst
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Special Authorization Analyst Department: Provincial Programs Competition: 5638 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Full TIme, Permanent Location: Moncton, NB Salary: Starting $35,188 Reports To: Manager
Your everyday with us:
Reporting to the Manager, New Brunswick Provincial Programs, you will review requests for special authorizations and apply criteria as outlined by the New Brunswick Department of Health. Professional and knowledgeable, you will communicate with the public and health professionals on matters relating to the New Brunswick Drug plans.
As a Special Authorization Analyst, you will have the opportunity to interact on the phone with clients, physicians and other departments. You will achieve a more in-depth knowledge of medication classes and processes involved in coverage.
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? We WANT you to have work-life balance, it's in our DNA. No overnight shifts, no weekends, paid time off to take care of yourself or the ones you love and because we're in the health business - paid benefits and perks to keep you at your very best.
We're looking for a Special Authorization Analyst; this is a great role for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where accuracy and attention to detail are second nature.
This role is for you if:
- You have a background in Medical Administration, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Assistant or LPN looking to use your experience towards an exciting new career
- You need a change from the typical community or hospital setting
If successful, you will be surrounded by our award-winning culture, leaders who really care, unmatched training and support to ensure you are set up for success!
Common goals and collaboration, that's what our team is all about, we offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- We pay you to become awesome - we offer comprehensive paid corporate training
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- A great work environment from your co-workers to an award-winning culture focused on improving the health of Canadians
- Base salary of plus benefits and perks
What you need to succeed:
- You provide exceptional customer service- You are personable and professional when interacting with the general public and health professionals
- You display great phone etiquette: You answer telephone inquiries from public and health professionals
- Whatever it takes attitude, you like a new challenge every day
- You have successfully completed a Medical Administration program, Pharmacy Technician/Assistant program or have your LPN license
- Your proficient in both official languages (English and French)
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmacy, Claims, Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Healthcare, Insurance