Director of Finance
Stanhope Simpson Insurance has been a trusted insurance provider to their clients for over 70 years. They are an industry leader in Atlantic Canada for commercial insurance and surety bonding solutions. Recently awarded Top Insurance Workplace 2020 by Insurance Business Canada, they foster a culture of caring and connection. They are a remarkable organization in their industry and we are pleased to be partnered with them to bring a talented Director of Finance to their team.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Director of Finance will be a key member of the leadership team. They will work closely with other departments to ensure the overall success of the company and will lead the finance and administrative functions of Stanhope Simpson Insurance. We are looking for a self-motivated professional who takes initiative. Diligence and organizational skills are imperative as is the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic office environment. This is an exciting role for an experienced accounting professional to lead the organization's finance initiatives. The Director of Finance will have the opportunity to grow and also take a leadership role in other aspects of the business including administering marketing, social media and technology functions.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Ensuring the company's practices comply with financial and tax regulations and legislation
- Managing finance operations, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and expense management
- Managing the month end process including bank and direct bill reconciliations
- Providing financial analysis and insights to support business decisions, including budgeting and forecasting
- Preparing year-end files and liaising with external accountants
- Reviewing and implementing finance and administration policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Leading cash management activities with CFO
- Working closely with third-party IT consultants to manage technology solutions and various software applications
- Working closely with third-party marketing consultants to administer basic marketing, advertising, website and social media functions
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation and bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Proven experience as a director of finance or similar role
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and private company accounting principles under ASPE
- Excellent analytical, financial analysis and forecasting skills
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to leverage technology to create efficiencies in day-to-day operations
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, efficient, and organized
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Experience working with Applied EPIC (insurance broker management software) would be an asset, but not required
Stanhope Simpson Insurance is pleased to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid work model with work from home flexibility
- Generous vacation and personal days program
- Terrific employee perks program including wellness benefits, Costco membership, employee anniversary gifts, RRSP, comprehensive health benefits plan with Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Fantastic corporate culture with great comradery and company spirit
- Financial support for professional development
- A strong reputation in the business community and an exciting future
If you are an experienced CPA, this isn't an opportunity to be missed. Reach out to us for more details!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking the link below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at [email protected]. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.