Job Title: Housekeeping & Laundry Aide
Job Type: Casual
Date Posted: August 24, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
Work Location: Foyer Père Fiset
Number of Positions: 1
We are searching for a Housekeeping & Laundry Aide to join our team at the Foyer Père Fiset in Cheticamp, Nova Scotia.
What we offer:
- Hourly wage range: $18.38 - $18.67
- 4% Vacation pay
About the Job
- Thoroughly clean common areas including lobbies, hallways, and stairwells; sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing kitchens and bathrooms.
- Thoroughly clean vacant rooms to prepare for incoming residents.
- Collect refuse from residents' rooms and dispose of this refuse in accordance with set procedures.
- Clean and restock housekeeping cart; notify Supervisor when supplies are low.
- Promote safety culture by continuously working safely including but not limited to identifying and reporting hazards, following safe work practices and procedures, wearing personal protective equipment, supporting others to work safely, and completing safety education.
- Sorts laundry into appropriate piles based on the type of laundry (linens, mops, personal clothing)
- Operates washing machine using proper washing formulas.
- Operates dryer and extractor; loads clean, wet laundry into the machine, sets dials so the laundry is dried or damp-dried appropriately and unloads the machine.
- Sorts clean laundry into appropriate baskets or racks; counts linen needed for each area as per linen quota and puts on cart; notes name tags on resident clothing and puts on correct rack.
- Picks up soiled laundry and delivers clean laundry to resident areas within the facility using laundry carts.
- Checks laundry for tears, holes, missing buttons, etc.
- Grade 12 or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in commercial housekeeping and/or laundry preferred.
- Ability to learn and work in fast paced environment.
- A high level of initiative for and commitment to completing assignments efficiently and in a warm, friendly, and customer-service-oriented manner.
- You can work independently with minimal supervision and can safely use chemical cleaning agents and equipment.
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset.
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
- You can work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- You can provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening upon hire.
- You have experience working with the elderly in a seniors' living or long-term care environment. (Considered an asset)
- Bilingual (French/English) or willingness to take courses for speaking French/English.
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the authority of the Municipality of the County of Inverness. The Corporation is comprised of four (4) separate entities: two (2) Long Term Care Homes; Inverary Manor, (located in Inverness, NS) and Foyer Père Fiset (located in Cheticamp, NS) and two (2) Small Option Homes; Koster Huis (Mabou, NS) and Port Hood Small Options (Port Hood, NS).
Foyer Père Fiset is a 71-bed long-term care facility (10 which are RCF level and 1 respite room) located in Cheticamp, a traditional Acadian fishing village situated along the picturesque Cabot Trail, nestled between the majestic mountains of the Cape Breton Island highlands and the shining waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Construction of a new modern state-of-the-art replacement facility is expected to begin in the fall of 2023 and open to residents in 2025.
Foyer Père Fiset values diversity in our workplace and we welcome all applicants. Only those who selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19