JOB LOCATION: Meteghan, NS
Villa Acadienne is an 86-bed long term care facility that has adopted the Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care. We believe in a resident centered care approach and strive to make life for our residents' worth living. We're moving away from an institutional model of care and transforming our home into a place where residents can continue to grow and live full lives.
Promotes recovery and health of residents by:
- Collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members;
- Providing physical and psychological support to residents, friends, and families;
- Supervising assigned care team members;
- Responsible for resident treatments, medication administration and supervising resident care while ensuring it is to Villa Acadienne standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and abilities:
- LPN currently licensed in the province of Nova Scotia
- Medication administration experience
- Able to communicate in French and English (an asset).
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated leadership skills, personal initiative, sound judgment, as well as the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Proven ability to make timely decisions, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent wage and benefit package with participation in the Nova Scotia Health Employees' Pension Plan (NSHEPP)
- A competitive salary with shift and weekend premiums
- Many education opportunities
Please submit your resume to:
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POSITION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Fax: 902 645-3899
Email: [email protected]