DEPARTMENT: Health Service
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
JOB TYPE: Casual
SCHEDULE: Day, 8 and 12-hour shifts. Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual essential
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
Under the authority of the Regional Manager – Organizational Development and Worker Support Service, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Worker Support team and the Occupational Health and Safety teams.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- Recognized postsecondary secretarial or office administration training program (two-year program);
- At least two years' relevant work experience;
- Skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access and Meditech;
- Practical knowledge on using search engines and browsing the Internet;
- Basic knowledge of web language and SharePoint;
- Sound judgment, organizational skills and ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Ability to build and maintain good communication and harmonious interpersonal relationships with all partners;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Ability to function in an environment with a high level of stress and tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required..
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.