DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: French essential and spoken English
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Facilities Maintenance
CLASSIFICATION : Refrigeration and Ventilation Mechanic (2054)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent of the position performs the work of a refrigeration and ventilation mechanic. The work also includes preventive maintenance, inspections and repair of the ventilation and refrigeration systems; the incumbent must be able to work in tight spaces and lift heavy loads. The incumbent could be asked to travel to other facilities within Zone 4 as needed.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the department.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Provincial Certificate of Qualification as a refrigeration and air conditioning technician issued under the Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Act
- At least one year's experience directly associated with the position's duties
- Monitor the energy efficiency program as needed
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to function in a changing work environment
- Ability to perform assigned duties without constant supervision
- Working knowledge of computers
- Valid driver's licence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform assigned work
- Good work history (performance and attendance)
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values
- Adherence to the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential, and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- This position must be reviewed by the Joint Maintenance Committee (JMC).
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.