NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Psychiatrist's Office
CLASSIFICATION: Psychologist 2 (PC02)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of evening shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will, as a member of a multidisciplinary team, provide psychological care to patients with a primary psychopathology for which psychotherapeutic treatment has empirically demonstrated efficacy as well as to patients with an adjustment disorder comorbid to a primary psychopathology or a severe personality pathology. The successful candidate will provide services such as assessment and treatment in formal individual therapy of a cognitive-behavioral (including relaxation and mindfulness techniques), interpersonal and motivational nature, in a teaching context for a psychopathology or an adjustment disorder, with a focus on relapse prevention and health promotion. The patients seen in psychological treatment will be referred by the psychiatrists of the Psychiatry Department of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont UHC or the physician residents of the Programme de formation spécialisée en psychiatrie francophone du Nouveau-Brunswick (with psychological treatment determined by evidence-based indications, in turn based on the medical diagnosis). In the course of their work, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing clinical supervision and for teaching residents (as part of the psychotherapy competency acquisition process). In short, the successful candidate will directly contribute to the health care provided for patients with a primary psychopathology, to formal recovery and to the education of postdoctoral learners.
- Master's in clinical psychology followed by at least three years of supervised clinical work, or a doctorate in psychology followed by one year of supervised clinical work;
- Certified member under the terms of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick Act;
- Belonging to a psychology school would be considered a major asset;
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, the code of ethics and legislation governing the psychology profession;
- Proven ability to organize and manage their work and perform self-directed work;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools;
- Knowledge and mastery of formal interpersonal and motivational cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy methods, including relaxation and mindfulness techniques) and ability to supervise, guide and instruct postdoctoral medical learners in these treatment modalities throughout their residence training;
- Ability to deliver training sessions to patients, families and other professionals in the DGLDUHC Psychiatry Department and the Community Mental Health Centre - Moncton;
- Ability to administer psychometric assessments, to compile and analyze the assessment data, to write reports and to communicate the assessment results to those concerned;
- The ability to administer standard IQ tests to adults (e.g., WAIS) and interpret them, as part of determining a diagnosis in psychiatric care, will be considered an extra asset when selecting candidates;
- The ability to administer standard autism spectrum assessment tools (e.g., ADOS) to adults and interpret them will be considered an extra asset when selecting candidates;
- The ability to administer and interpret the Rorschach (Exner version) will be considered an extra asset when selecting candidates;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Assessment of teaching load : At program maturity (i.e., from the first year of work of the psychologist hired), estimated at 10 hours of teaching and supervision per week, including the time for listening to and structured review of sessions led my medical residents.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.