DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Therapy
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
JOB TYPE: Permanent part-time
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: French essential and spoken English
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
Reporting to the manager, the successful candidate is responsible for the clinical and technical aspects of respiratory therapy as related to the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients with respiratory problems. May, as needed, be assigned to the different sectors related to respiratory therapy. As needed, also performs all other related tasks that may fall within the scope of this position.
- Valid licence (active member) of the New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists;
- BLS (basic life support) certification and maintenance of this certification;
- Successful completion of training on chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases by set deadline;
- Proven skills developing treatment and therapy plans in collaboration with patients, their loved ones and interdisciplinary teams;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven skills in communication and interpersonal relations with the care team;
- Ability to function in a changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.