PHYSIOTHERAPIST / PHYSIOTHERAPIST GRADUATE
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Locations: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Physiotherapist (PT)
Position Available: Part time; 2 days per week
Ocean View is a charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960's. We provide a variety of services, predominately for seniors and other folks that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the "community of choice" for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services, and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
The Physiotherapist reports to the Director of Life Enrichment and as a member of a clinical team, the physiotherapist oversees the delivery of physiotherapy services to seniors living in long term care. The physiotherapist assesses & develops treatment plans; collaborates with RN/LPN, OT, SW and Dietitian colleagues to determine care plan goals, oversees the physiotherapy team effectiveness, delegates and shares responsibilities with PTAs. The physiotherapist regularly educates long term care staff, residents and family members in several areas including falls management, safe resident handling and mobility. Effective leadership in a multidisciplinary team is a requirement of this position as the physiotherapist co-chairs the Falls Prevention and Safe Resident Handling & Mobility Committees.
- Nova Scotia Physioterapy License in Good Standing with the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists
- Previous experience in assessment and treatment planning in in-patient acute care, geriatrics and/or long term care
- Thorough knowledge of Physiotherapy practice, with an interest in continuous quality improvement in long term care
- Strong resident-centered and quality focus
- Knowledge regarding Falls Risk, Management & Assessment for those at high risk
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, planning, organization and time management skills
- Experience providing training/education is an asset
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite especially Excel
- Demonstrated accountability, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Free on-site parking
- Paid vacation and holidays
- A supportive interdisciplinary work environment
- Professional growth development through internal and external training and education
- Leadership development
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience
Hours of Work: 2 days per week; 8am - 4pm. No evenings nor weekends.
Please be aware that Ocean View is a pet friendly environment that is home to cats.
Please direct all applications to:
Email: [email protected]
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929