NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Richibucto Mental Health Community Centre and Shediac Satellite Office
DEPARTMENT: Mobile Cirsis Services
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE: February 2023
HOURS OF WORK:
10-hours shifts - On Rotation
Possibility of stand-by and call-back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive services to clients with various mental health issues. The incumbent will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and perform the following duties: assessment; crisis intervention; diagnosis; treatment; individual, family, and group counselling; prevention; health promotion and awareness.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Experience in mental health or addiction services considered an asset;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) within the set time frame;
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with the community network;
- Ability to provide clients with group sessions;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- Leadership and good decision-making ability;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Valid driver's licence and ability to use own vehicle in performance of duties;
- Availability to travel within the zone.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.