Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications, and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Reporting to the Eastlink Community TV Manager, the Production Assistant position is an entry level position providing support for programming initiatives. The job holder will provide support to all areas of production and be expected to gain knowledge and skills to assist productions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist production for in house projects
- Assist production for mobile projects
- Gain knowledge and hands-on ability to participate in productions
- Attend training sessions
- Be available for all programming initiatives/projects
Experience & Qualifications:
- Working towards completion of post-secondary degree/diploma in television production or broadcasting.
- Basic knowledge of audio/visual production
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Previous television volunteer experience a benefit.
Skills, Efforts & Attributions:
- Creative thinking, enthusiastic team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects (e.g. 10 kilos).
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!