Join Our Northwood Team!
Northwood is currently accepting applications from Registered Nurses to join our Halifax Team!
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Delivers quality person centered care
- Coordinates plan of care and collaborates with interprofessional team
- Performs administrative duties (e.g. documentation)
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of clients
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation pertaining to clients and staff
- Addresses mental health and social issues (e.g. advocating for the client as appropriate, tailoring communication to needs, calming the client, promoting health life choices, reassuring the client)
- Responds to complaints, concerns, and all initial incident investigations, ensuring appropriate corrective action and follow up is taken and documented
- Establishes effective relationships with clients and family
- Organizes and ensures work is completed in a safe, timely, and effective manner
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment for clients and staff
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates resident care
- Maintains clinical skills as required and seeks learning opportunities to remain current
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with the Province of Nova Scotia
- Minimum 6 months of related experience (preferably with experience in long term care)
- Strong clinical, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving, decision making, group process, and directing and supervising others
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Demonstrated use of proper body mechanics
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Knowledge of / experience with a Person centered care model of living
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- CPR certificate required
- First Aid certificate required
- Non Violence Crisis Intervention (NVCI) considered an asset
Effective Date: Immediately
Hours of Work: 84 hours bi-weekly (11am -1130pm)
Salary: As per NSNU Collective Agreement.
To learn more about Northwood please visit our website www.northwood.care
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If this exciting opportunity interests you please click "Apply" now.