Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Facility Support
Position Available: Full-Time, Part-Time, Casual
Ocean View is a Charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960's. We provide a variety of services, predominately for seniors and others folks that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the community of choice for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
Job Summary: The Cook is responsible for food preparation and service of meals in accordance with the menu. Maintains high standard of safety and sanitation in cleaning of equipment and work areas. Provides staff training, guidance, and supervises as required. Assists in planning menus and prepares caterings as required.
- Grade Twelve (12) required or equivalent.
- Completion of one (1) year community college quantity cooking course.
- Recent completion of National Sanitation Program including working knowledge and experience in HACCP procedures.
- Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation.
- Experience working in maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Knowledge of therapeutic and familiar with dietary requirements of geriatric resident
- Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Previous institutional experience preferred
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Free Parking on Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
- Casual staff will be paid 10% in lieu of vacation
Salary Range:In accordance with current collective agreement between Ocean View Continuing Care Centre and C.U.P.E. Local 1245.
Rotation:Weekends / Days / Evenings / Holidays; May be changed as necessary to meet the operational requirements of the facility.
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Email: [email protected]
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929