Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1951
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
The Team Lead, Business Service and Support is a mentor to the Business Telephone Repair team on Telephone, Managed Wifi, and toll fraud related issues, and is the first transfer point for customer resolution of detailed transactions or investigations. The Team Lead reports to the Manager, Business Telephone Repair and is responsible for maintaining a high level of internal customer service and has a diversified workload, which requires exceptional product and system knowledge, coupled with effective organizational skills. Of key importance is the ability to multi-task and prioritize the work to ensure all customer satisfaction goals are met. The Team Lead plays a critical role in suggesting process improvements to increase efficiency for the business.
- Provide immediate support to frontline LAS and Tel Repair representatives.
- Provide a technical resource in supporting services within the teams' purview.
- Receive calls or written instructions from internal or external stakeholders to research detailed customer transactions such as complex billing or technical issues, installation problems etc.
- Act as a mentor to frontline support agents in prioritizing and dealing with customer communications and requests.
- Present suggestions to improve operational processes to increase customer service and efficiency.
- Monitor quality of call center output and document errors to the Business Tel Repair Manager and/or Business Ops Director to close performance gaps. This also includes conversing with other departments such as contractors to review errors and proactively plan for improvement or error reduction.
- Conduct follow-up courtesy calls to customers who have experienced multiple or high impact service failures.
- Act as back up for the queue within call center during peak periods.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Independently resolve escalated internal and external customer issues.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service/sales or call center environment
- PC competency in a Windows application with intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and e-mail
- Experience leading a team would be an asset
- Ability to problem solve and meet challenging time deadlines
- Required to independently make decisions that balance the customer and company needs
- Superior interpersonal communication skills with a focus on conflict resolution
- Completion of grade 12. Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Professional and enthusiastic team player, with a demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team "on the ground" not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.