Financial Gaming Integration Specialist (03-2266)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities.
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Financial Gaming Integration Specialist. Location is flexible within Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As our Financial Gaming Integration Specialist, you are critical to the successful delivery of corporate gaming projects and enhancements. As the Specialist, you will ensure the completeness and accuracy of all financial transactions and integrations within and between gaming systems and the general ledger in a complex environment of multiple systems and interfaces and continuous concurrent projects. Supporting the corporate growth strategy, you will be an expansion of the Financial Systems team reporting to the Supervisor, Financial Gaming Integration.
If you are a process-oriented creative problem-solver who can manage their time effectively, with strong collaboration skills and the ability to learn on the fly as the day-to-day working environment involves simultaneous participation on multiple project teams delivering new products and player experiences to market then this role may be a perfect fit!
Closing Date: December 12, 2021
Impact Assessment - Evaluate the business requirements and expected benefits of planned projects and enhancements to determine the scope of impact across all financial processes. Identify potential impacts to retailer billing, alc.ca player wallets, necessary journal entries and accounting treatments, data and reporting, and all associated Finance processes.
Requirements Definition - Develop detailed requirements specific to gaming system configuration, transaction processing, data and reporting, and accounting treatments to ensure the accuracy of retailer billing and player wallets, compliance with IFRS standards, and availability of data and reporting to support financial analytics, reporting, and reconciliation processes.
Process Design - Collaborate with gaming vendors and internal departments to develop the overall solution design that meets the business objectives for the project and the financial requirements identified. Prepare the financial design and general ledger integration specification documents and define all supporting Finance processes.
Testing - Identify applicable test cases and develop a test plan to ensure sufficient end-to-end testing of all new or changed components and all relevant regression testing. Prepare test scripts, conduct testing activities, and document test results. Record defects, investigate root-cause, and collaborate with vendors and internal departments to implement resolutions.
Project Delivery - Prepare end-user process documentation, detailed procedures, templates, and reference guides as applicable. Deliver communication, change management support, and end-user training to ensure operational readiness for project implementation. Participate in project go-live planning, preparation, and execution tasks. Provide operational support during project cutover and stabilization period including issues management and coaching activities.
Operational Support - Provide first level user support to the Finance team in trouble-shooting functional defects, data and reporting errors, and system reconciliation issues related to gaming. Conduct root-cause analysis, manage incidents, deliver coaching, and identify enhancement opportunities as applicable.
What we can expect from you:
- Technology - very strong aptitude for learning and understanding systems and data structures; able to relate business processes to underlying systems logic and data.
- Communication - able to communicate information and ideas clearly and articulately, both in written and oral form; conveys complex information clearly; anticipates information that others will need.
- Organizational skills - effective time management and workload prioritization; efficient use of resources; responds effectively to unforeseen events.
- Interpersonal effectiveness - able to influence others, manage conflict tactfully and effectively, and adapt behavior to a wide range of people.
- Problem solving - able to identify key components of problems, interpret information from a variety of sources, deduce cause and effect, and generate a range of creative solutions.
- Quick thinking/learning - able to assimilate relevant information quickly and easily; learns new tasks rapidly; can think on their feet in rapidly changing environments.
- Teamwork - collaborative and flexible; prioritizes team goals over personal goals; able to achieve results through others.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 3+ years technology project execution experience.
- System integration/testing experience.
- Bookkeeping skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
Awesome if you had:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- University degree in Computer Science.
- Lottery or Gaming experience.
- Continuous Improvement skills and experience.
- Experience working with AEGIS-NGS, Sciplay, and OpenBet systems.
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Three weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) and 12 paid statutory holidays (in NB).
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in english unless stated otherwise.
Health and Safety: AL is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees. Therefore, AL will require employees for whom the COVID-19 vaccine is authorized by Health Canada, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or receive a valid exemption by Jan. 14, 2022.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.