Manager, Development Services (03-2227)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Manager of Development Services located in Moncton, NB.
As of the Manager of Development Services, you will be responsible for managing teams to deliver enterprise solutions that integrate into back-end gambling systems through development, management and adherence to best practices in software development. You will influence all facets of end-to-end enterprise solutions and their integration points, and direct, lead and support the work of development teams to deliver enhancements and projects in support of business priorities. You will be accountable for a successful delivery practice for internal development of the ALC.ca website and the ALC Mobile app (iOS and Android).
Closing Date: October 25, 2021
Accountable for the overall delivery and quality of the team's development portfolio.
Ensure integrity of the team's internal code management process, procedures and documentation. Accountable for the adherence to these standards.
Accountable for development and delivery of digital player experiences for our iLottery website platform and mobile apps.
Understanding of web and mobile technologies and programming languages to challenge and provide feedback to developers on solution design and coding practices.
Communicate team results to stakeholders using appropriate metrics; continuously improve through introspective reviews.
Actively remove impediments to ensure the team's successful delivery of enhancements and projects.
Lead, coach and inspire the Development Services team.
Work closely with key stakeholders on capacity planning, digital roadmaps and delivery strategy
Develop and execute team delivery model and scale/evolve model as needed.
Act as the escalation point for operational support teams; guide problem-solving of complex problems through leadership and the application of analytical thought process.
What we can expect from you:
- People leader with the proven ability to drive growth and output in high performing development teams;
- Experience building strong relationships and influencing key stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively tailor communication efforts as appropriate;
- Experience integrating enterprise systems and solution architecture;
- Experience building player centric enterprise grade web and mobile solutions with focus on scalability, security, usability, workflows and performance;
- Can effectively translate technical situations and solutions into business terminology;
- Solid experience in the application of Dev Ops principles and CI/CD ecosystems;
- Strong background in software development best practices, understanding of software design patterns and OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and;
- Proactive self-starter who stays abreast of the latest frameworks, platforms and technologies in the web and mobile space.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology.
- 7+ yrs of experience and understanding of enterprise web development and cross-platform (iOS/Android) Flutter mobile development.
- 7+ yrs of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Experience.
- Experience in a senior, technical leadership role within medium to large technical projects.
- Experience in code management best practice.
- Experience in managing delivery methodologies.
Awesome if you had:
- Gaming/Gambling Industry
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- Defined Pension Plan.
- 4 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) plus one week of management leave (pro-rated).
- 12 paid statutory holidays in NB
- 3 personal leave days per year
- Bonus programs that include annual performance & sales goals.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All new hires for our Contact Center are required to provide services in both official languages therefore there will be some questions during the interview in both languages.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.