Project Manager (03-2239)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit.
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Project Manager. Location is flexible with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As the Project Manager you are accountable for the efficient delivery of assigned projects within AL's portfolio aimed at moving the company forward in a competitive market. As a member of the PMO, you would collaborate with teams across the organization to support and continuously improve delivery processes, balancing the need for agility and accuracy.
Manage assigned projects by engaging and leading project teams to successfully deliver the agreed upon scope.
Manage project budget, providing regular reporting on baseline to actual variance.
Arrange for assignment of resources to projects based on project requirements and work with PMO and Resource Managers to identify and resolve conflicts.
Ensure that risks are proactively identified with mitigation strategies developed and monitored while also ensuring that project issues are resolved and appropriately escalated; maintain data related to key risks and issues including the status and progress.
Engage project stakeholders regularly by keeping them informed of delivery progress, risks and issues and manage expectations on deliverables.
Coach project teams to ensure adherence to delivery processes and standards.
Work within a collaborative team environment and contribute to the continuous improvement of delivery processes.
What we can expect from you:
- Strong business acumen and technical resourcefulness;
- Excellent time management skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to articulate and facilitate key project processes procedures and best practices;
- Strong client and vendor management skills;
- Solid understanding of the software development processes;
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences, and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns and;
- Strong engagement management skills, including the ability to drive analytical rigor in decision making and;
- Ability to resolve and manage conflict.
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Someone who has the ability to set clear expectations, lead cross-functional teams and drive for better outcomes with urgency;
- Someone who has the ability to document issues, risks, alternatives, and recommendations in an effective manner suitable for executive consumption;
- Someone who has the ability to listen to input of others, values outside perspectives that may be different or unique from their own expertise and build collaborative and trusted stakeholder relationships before finalizing plans while continuously seeking feedback;
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management and;
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Relevant university degree and 10+ years of progressive project management experience including minimum of 5 years IT project management experience with an emphasis on managing projects or team leaders and processes;
- Delivery experience within Digital Organizations, along with associated industry best practices to improve the total customer experience.
- Experience with Operational reviews and Organization Change Management activities to achieve positive outcomes.
- Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage small to large scale projects in a cross-functional environment.
Awesome if you had:
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience with internet and/or mobile based product development.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- Defined Pension Plan.
- 4 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) plus one week of management leave (pro-rated).
- 12 paid statutory holidays in NB
- 3 personal leave days per year
- Bonus programs that include annual performance & sales goals.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person.
Health and Safety: AL is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees. Therefore, AL will require employees for whom the COVID-19 vaccine is authorized by Health Canada, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or receive a valid exemption by Jan. 14, 2022.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Like what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.