NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Plastic Surgeon
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Based on the agreement set by the department/service head;
Evening and weekend on-call coverage shared among department/service members.
Chaleur Regional Hospital in Bathurst, New Brunswick, is seeking to recruit a plastic surgeon. The successful candidate will provide care to residents of Zone 6 of Vitalité Health Network.
Under the direction of the head of the plastic surgery division and the medical director concerned, the plastic surgeon focuses on the management of complex tissue deformities or losses as well as the enhancement of appearance in the absence of functional problems or anomalies. The plastic surgeon provides care to patients of all ages requiring reconstructive or aesthetic surgery to correct deformities caused by congenital anomalies, trauma, burns, degenerative changes, benign and malignant tumours, infections or wound healing problems. The plastic surgeon also works with other health professionals to deliver diversified and comprehensive care to patients and their loved ones. Moreover, the plastic surgeon may also be required to participate in research activities in their specialty.
- Degree from a recognized medical school and residency leading to licensure in plastic surgery;
- Recognized certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in plastic surgery;
- Eligibility to obtain a licence to practise issued by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Experience (one to three years) considered an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- Remuneration for this position is fee-for-service.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network's website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the city's website: https://www.bathurst.ca/en
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.