Human Services Counselor (3013)
Competition #: 1-14927 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Centre Richibucto and Shediac satellite office
DEPARTMENT: Community Mental Health Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of evening
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Mental Health Centre Program Manager, the Community Integration Advisor takes part in implementing treatment processes set by professionals. The successful candidate will help program participants access other services they need as well as education and support services. The successful candidate will provide crisis intervention services, counselling, and consultation sessions to participants and their families. The successful candidate will also provide various programs (e.g. social and parental skill development programs under the supervision of a professional) as well as counselling to participants and their families based on service plans developed in collaboration with a professional from the team. The successful candidate will also carry out all other related duties, as per the needs of the department. The successful candidate may be required to travel within Zone 1B on a regular basis.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- Diploma in a recognized community integration program of at least six months to a year or equivalent;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or complete this training within six months of hire;
- Non-violent crisis intervention training or complete this training within six months of hire;
- Experience working in mental health with adults, children and youth;
- Previous work experience with community agencies and resources;
- Ability to build supportive and trusting relationships with people living with a mental health problem;
- Valid driver's licence and appropriate insurance;
- Might use own vehicle in performance of duties;
- Proven ability to organize and manage own workload;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.