Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
Competition #: 6-14487 EXT
Salary: $20.0320 to $21.5624
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Central Scheduling
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Days, evenings, nights and weekends shifts - Rotation
Work schedule subject to change to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will be responsible for taking calls from patients, doctors' offices and various sectors of the hospital. The incumbent must also schedule requested appointments based on the procedures in each sector and set the schedules for specialized clinics based on the referrals sent to the department and forward these to the physicians in question. The incumbent must advise the patients of certain clinics of the date and time of their appointments and review with them the instructions they are to follow before their test, the medications they must take or omit, etc. The incumbent will also be responsible for registering inpatients, outpatients and Emergency Department patients. It should be noted that the incumbent could also be asked to do shifts in another facility depending on the needs of the department.
- Secretarial course of at least one year in length and a secondary school diploma / general education diploma (GED);
- Ability to do computer work and to input data accurately;
- Ability to complete the required medical terminology course as per set deadline;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with patients, visitors, etc.;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to the principles of professional ethics, the management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- T he employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.