Casual Continuing Care Assistant
Working in accordance with the Mission Statement, Standards, Policies and Procedures of The Meadows, the CCA/PCW/HHP/HHA will provide a full range of quality, resident-focused duties including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation and recreational duties in a homelike setting for the residents living at The Meadows. The position requires flexible hours - including days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, call-ins and short notice shifts. You will receive competitive wages plus 11% in lieu of benefits/vacation and work in a modern and supportive environment with an abundance of education opportunities. This position may require you to wear a mask for the duration of your shift. This position may require you to be on standby on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Proven ability to relate well to residents and be sensitive to their emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual and social needs with compassionate and caring attitude in line with our Persons Centered Philosophy of care and our vision of ENRICHING LIVES DAILY
- Successful completion of one of the following courses:
- Continuing Care Assistant Course
- Personal Care Workers or Home Health Care Provider Course with recent experience in a licensed N.S. Nursing Home
- OR actively in a nursing program and completed the first clinical/personal care placement
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect and privacy. Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team, under supervision, and independently
- Above average interpersonal and judgment skills;
- Loyal, responsible and trustworthy.
- Well organized, resourceful with demonstrated ability to plan and set priorities
- Effective communication skills - verbal, written and reading
- Ability to adapt to change
- Reliable to attend work on a regular basis and ability to perform core physical duties involving lifting, bending, and stretching.
- As a member of a "house team", also responsible for sharing the care duties of facility pets and participating in neighborhood guide training and team building.
WHAT WE'D LOVE YOU TO HAVE
- Previous and recent experience as a CCA or PCW
- Must have or be willing to take CPR certification, GPA, Teepa Snow, Alzheimer's Disease & Related Dementia Care Course, Food Handler's Course, Eden Philosophy of Care
As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Please submit cover letter, resume and reference contact information to:
Announcement Date: Apr 15, 2021
Closing Date: Open
Competition Number: 22-2021
339 Pleasant Street, Yar, NS B5A 2K9
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org visit our website at www.themeadowsyarmouth.com
Offers of employment conditional upon providing a satisfactory criminal records check (vulnerable sector) We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All hires must sign an agreement to observe and comply with all policies and procedures of TVM - The Meadows.