Mobile Developer (03-2211)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Mobile Developer. Location is somewhat flexible within Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As the Mobile Developer, you will have a deep understanding of AL's cross-platform mobile app ecosystem, native iOS/Android development and various integrations. This position will be embedded within an AGILE/SCRUM development team, you will deliver high quality mobile solutions that adhere to development best practices focusing on performance, reusability and security. You will act as a technical resource on small to large scale projects as well as mentoring and supporting other team members as well as supporting the continued growth of our mobile development practice.
Software/Web Development: Develop enterprise digital consumer experiences; work efficiently and collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum development team; work directly with Architects on design and enterprise solutions; possess a holistic skillset to provide effective full stack development tasks; create new and update existing templates and pages; perform unit testing and participate in code peer reviews; assume responsibility for the quality and timeliness of assigned software development efforts; adhere to code management process and procedures; collaborate and perform code builds and releases into various environments.
Agile/Scrum Team Collaboration: Provide mentoring, coaching and knowledge transfer to other team members; Work efficiently and collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum development team. participate in Agile sprint planning, prioritization and other team meetings; provide input towards technical solutions on projects and enhancements. Helps guide continuous improvement within the team while playing an active role in discussions and provides feedback in sprint retrospectives.
DevOps: Drives optimization of DevOps model and CI/CD ecosystem within team. Ability to use and provide feedback and suggestions on improvements to improve our DevOps practice going forward. Works with continuous improvement mindset to constantly evolve and improve internal team development and delivery processes. Recognizes and provide solutions for automation or optimization for our agile delivery process and procedures.
Projects: Senior technical resource on projects; work collaboratively within a larger development team augmented by external agencies when needed during larger project deliverables; develop work packages based on business requirements, creatives, specs, and wireframes.
Tools/Environment Management: Will share responsibility to manage code repository, build setup, configuration and deployments in various environments; multiple development team tools setup and ongoing management; document process and procedures around tool setup / management; setup, manage and deploy new and existing non-prod environments.
Continuous Learning: Study new technology and remain technically current; improve skillset in vast variety of currently used programming languages and tools; they have a solid understanding of the their architecture and technology stack; consistently look for ways to improve the quality and efficiency of the work packages being delivered within sprints.
Operations: Participate in an on-call rotation production support team; diagnose and solve technical problems with the team in testing and production; collaborate with the AL IT Ops Team and various vendors that integrate into AL's systems; establish working relationships with internal departments, vendors and ensure that interaction is responsive and accurate and that incidents are escalated as required; understanding of full environment setup and configuration for end-to-end solution within various environments including production and testing.
What we can expect from you:
- Proactive self-starter who quickly learns new programming languages, techniques and enjoys learning new technologies.
- Excellent communications and time management skills.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; works well in high pressure situations.
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns.
- Practical Experience using Object-Oriented Programming and Design Principles
- Strong Experience working with JSON data and securely integrating with various APIs.
- AGILE/SCRUM/Kanban team experience
- Understanding of Source Code Management and Branching strategies
- Proficient with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket Cloud and GIT code repositories
- Experience documenting and producing full supporting documentation for all solutions.
- Working knowledge of software testing, and experience with software testing tools, regression testing, test automation, etc.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Proven development experience is required, works autonomously and strategic in your thought process.
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent technical training or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of proven experience with object-oriented concepts, programming languages (emphasis on mobile development), and frameworks.
- Solid understanding of security and performance best practices for development
Awesome if you had:
- Proven experience working with Flutter framework and delivering enterprise grade mobile applications.
- Strong experience with State Management and UI design/development with Flutter
- Strong experience working with the Dart programming language
- Strong experience working with Android Studio for mobile app development.
- Experience with Native iOS/Android (Swift/Kotlin)
- Strong understanding of Model-view-viewmodel (MVVM) design pattern, building unit/widget/automated testing for mobile apps
- Experience with React Native and React JS
- Experience with using CI/CD automation for mobile app deployments, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines for Mobile App Builds and Delivery
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.