Senior Back End Developer (03-2138)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities.
Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Senior Back End Developer, based in Moncton, NB.
The Senior Back End Developer is responsible for end-to-end system integration solution development (big picture view of all systems at AL) and lifecycle management. This position will have a deep understanding of the overall system landscape and the full portfolio of integrations. Working within an AGILE/KANBAN development team, you will deliver quality integration solutions with an emphasis on reuse and simplicity. This position acts as a senior technical resource on small to large scale projects as well as mentoring and supporting other team members.
Integration Solution Development: Provides solutions that interface with multiple systems as required by the business process. Maintains a thorough understanding of the integration landscape and recognizes opportunities to re-use existing components or otherwise optimize the delivery of solutions.
Agile Team Collaboration: Provides mentoring and knowledge transfer to other team members; Participate within AGILE planning, prioritization and other team meetings; Provide input towards Technical Solutions on projects and enhancements; Design, Develops and provides input to Software Architecture/Frameworks when needed for various projects and initiatives.
Projects: Senior Technical Resource on Projects; Work collaboratively within a larger development team augmented by external agencies when needed during larger project deliverables; Develop work packages based on Business and Non-functional Requirements; (work packages are iterations of a product)
Tools/Environment Management: Shares the responsibility to manage code repository, build setup, configuration and deployments in various environments; Multiple development team tools setup and ongoing management;
Operations: Participate in an on-call rotation production support team; Diagnose and solve technical problems with the team in testing and production; Collaborate with the AL IT Ops Team and various Vendors that integrate into AL's systems,
Continuous Learning: Study new technology and remain technically current; This position has a holistic view of the overall system architecture and integrations.
What we can expect from you:
- Working knowledge of software testing, and experience with software testing tools, regression testing etc.
- You have outstanding excellent communications and time management skills.
- Comfortable working within a Redhat/Linux server environments.
- Proactive self-starter who quickly learns new programming languages, techniques and technologies.
- Experience documenting and producing full supporting documentation for all solutions.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; works well in high pressure situations.
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences, and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns;
- Result-oriented with an ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple initiatives and develop solutions where plans may not exist;
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player;
- Your core values are rooted in being respectful, helpful and kind;
- Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment.
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion;
- You thrive in an ambiguous environment where your knowledge, skills & abilities can materially & positively impact the organization and;
- You are a natural leader.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 7+ years progressive solutions architecture & development experience.
- Senior Technical Experience is required, works autonomously and strategic in your thought process.
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent technical training or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of proven experience with object-oriented concepts, programming languages (emphasis on .NET Core), and frameworks.
- Solid experience creating secure integration solutions - Through your previous experience you ensure information security is a focus.
Awesome if you had:
- Experience or interest in the following technologies/concepts would be considered an asset: OpenShift, Docker, NodeJS/NPM, Jenkins, CI/CD, Agile, automated testing, NGINX, API Gateway, API Marketplace, API monetization.
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.