Reference # HL-14480
Our client headquartered just outside of Moncton, NB, is extremely proud of being a unique family-owned business and is one of the largest manufacturers in their industry in Canada. Now, on their behalf, we are seeking a Controller to join their team.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Controller will work closely with the senior management team and be responsible for monthly financial reporting. The Controller will also play a key role in the year-end financial reporting, annual budgeting and external audit.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, AR, Credit, AP, Payroll, Cost Accounting and Customer Service.
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timely completion of the monthly financial statements.
- Support period end financial closing, including journal entries and key account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly cost and variance reports, including validating the cost of goods sold as part of the month end close.
- Prepare, analyze and report monthly and YTD material analysis on products and customers.
- Assist with profitability analysis on new and existing products and customers.
- Ensure the bill of materials for all products are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and costing of parts, subassemblies and finished goods in the information system.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts at 3 manufacturing facilities.
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Ensure inventory is valued accurately.
- Work with operations to ensure accurate inventory reserve provisions and timely disposal of obsolete/discontinued inventory.
- Assist in the management of IT functions on a corporate wide basis.
The ideal candidate with have:
- Completion of a professional accounting designation program (CPA) is required.
- Minimum 5 years finance and management experience, with preference in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Pro-active individual capable of identifying problems, recommending solutions, and implementing corrective actions either individually or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of IT functions, computer systems and networks.
If you are a well-rounded, tech savvy finance professional who can establish and achieve financial objectives while ensuring there are internal controls in place to adequately safeguard the company's assets, then this is a great opportunity for you. Connect with us today to learn more!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking the link below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.