Psychologist 2 (PC02)
Competition #: 1-12498 EXT
Salary: $39.1637 to $47.1600
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Community mental health center-Specialized training program in French-speaking psychiatry in NB, CHU Dumont
DEPARTMENT: Long Term Adult Services
CLASSIFICATION: Psychologist 2 (PC02)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE : January 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of evening shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate, as a member of a multidisciplinary team, will provide psychological care to patients with primary psychopathologies for which psychotherapeutic treatment has empirically demonstrated efficacy as well as to patients with an adjustment disorder comorbid to these psychopathologies or a severe personality pathology. The successful candidate will provide services such as assessment and treatment in formal individual or group therapy, predominantly of a brief psychodynamic nature and occasionally of an extended psychodynamic nature, in a teaching context, for the aforementioned psychopathological conditions or adjustment disorders, with a focus on relapse prevention and health promotion. The patients received in psychological treatment will be referred by the psychiatrists of the DGLDUHC Psychiatry Department or the physician residents in the NB Specialized Psychiatry Training Program in French, with the psychological treatment that is provided being based on evidence-based indications and the medical diagnosis. During their work, the selected candidate will be responsible for providing clinical supervision and teaching for residents, in the course of their acquisition of psychotherapy competencies. In short, the successful candidate will directly contribute to the health care provided for patients with a primary psychopathology, to formal recovery and to the education of postdoctoral learners .
- Master's in clinical psychology followed by at least three years of supervised clinical work, or a doctorate in psychology followed by one year of supervised clinical work;
- Certified member under the terms of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick Act ;
- Belonging to a psychology school would be considered a major asset;
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, the code of ethics and legislation governing the psychology profession;
- Proven ability to organize and manage their work and perform self-directed work;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools;
- Knowledge and mastery of formal interpersonal and motivational cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy methods, including relaxation and mindfulness techniques) and ability to supervise, guide and instruct postdoctoral medical learners in these treatment modalities throughout their residence training;
- Ability to deliver training sessions to patients, families and other professionals in the DGLDUHC Psychiatry Department and the Community Mental Health Centre - Moncton;
- Ability to administer psychometric assessments, to compile and analyze the assessment data, to write reports and to communicate the assessment results to those concerned;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Networ k.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.