NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Medical Unit
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse class C (RNCC)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The resource nurse acts as a clinical leader, role model and change agent. They are responsible for the specialized training and orientation of nursing staff in their sector. They collaborate in the creation and updating of policies, procedures and protocols as well as in the implementation of best practices, based on reliable data. They act as a resource person for the nursing staff for managing complex clinical cases. They promote and take part in research in their sector.
- Registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Canadian Nurses Association certification appropriate to the specialty of the position in question or willingness to obtain certification within two (2) years;
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate;
- At least five (5) years' recent experience in the speciality of the position in question, acquired in last eight (8) years;
- Leadership and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to act as a change agent;
- Ability to solve problems and decision-makins skills;
- Teaching skills as evidenced by the ability to impart knowledge to others;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.