Licensed Practical Nurse
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Nursing, Healthcare
Position Available: Part-time, Casual
Ocean View is a charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960's. We provide a variety of services, predominately for seniors and other folks that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the "community of choice" for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
The LPN functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team under the direction of the RN & Care Coordinator to provide direct nursing care to residents. The LPN carries out duties as directed by the RN and Clinical Leader.
- Current registration with the Licensed Practical Nurses Association of Nova Scotia.
- Recognized Pharmacology course and experience in the administration of medicines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, families, visitors and co-workers
- Ability to work a 24-hour shift rotation on any program area.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis. Heavy lifting required; demonstrated use of proper body mechanics.
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Free Parking & on Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
- Casual staff will be paid 10% in lieu of vacation
Salary Range: In accordance with the Collective Agreement between Ocean View Manor and Ocean View Manor Local of the Nova Scotia Nurse's Union.
Rotation: Days/Evenings/Nights: All Shift Hours
Signing Bonus: A signing bonus of $3,000 is available based on the prorated FTE. Some conditions apply.
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929