Regional Manager - Building Science
Englobe Corp. in Toronto, ON
Englobe is distinguished by its wide range of services, its presence across Canada, its client satisfaction, and customized approach with a wide range of services from consulting, turnkey project implementation and soil treatment facilities. Over the years, Englobe has acquired credibility and a reputation for people-centered values.
Englobe is proud to have been recognized with the prestigious Canada's Best Managed Companies designation for overall business performance and sustained growth.
- Full benefits package (group insurance withcost-sharing upon hiring, group RRSP)
- Annual reimbursement of physical activitycosts
- Skills development opportunities
- Flextime and possibility of compressed schedule
- Policy to encourage telework
TheBuilding Science Group requires a professional engineer specialized in buildingscience with over 15 related years of experience in managing a team and dealingwith building owner customer.
The missionof the Regional Manager is to ensure the commitment and the optimal use of theresources of the team under their supervision. Under the supervision of the NationalDirector, the candidate must contribute to the success of the departmentthrough his business development and his help with recruitment in order toachieve the objectives of business volume and the profitability of thedepartments.
Theregional manager ensures the success of the projects and the satisfaction ofthe internal and external customers. They coach the team members technicallyand take charge of certain projects.
- Helpsachieve budgeted business volume and expansion of client accounts throughbusiness development and recruitment.
- Ensures andmanage client satisfaction
- Makesdecisions for optimal use of the resources which make up the team (level ofexperience: junior, intermediate and senior)
- Manages themobilization, motivation and retention of employees (retention rate andcommitment)
- Collaboratesand ensures the proper utilization of the department resources inmultidisciplinary projects - Project Manager satisfaction rate
- Identifiesthe opportunities to adapt to the service offered to the changing needs of theclient and participate in their implementation
- Identifiescontinuous improvement initiatives and achieves the goals set for theseinitiatives
- Maintainsthe quality of services offered - good level of quality service anddeliverability vs timeliness
- Assists theProject Managers in the deployment of efficient working methods adapted to thereality of the market
- Ensuresbalance of workload
- Participatesin the design and deployment of communication systems
- Ensuresfollow-up of deliverables
- Identifies resource requirements (number and skill)
- Contributes to the talent identification throughparticipation and the support of requests in the recruitment process
- Assigns resources to the right projects (allocates the rightkind of resource to the position requirement)
- Provides the relevant technical supervision, carry out ordelegate the technical operation and provide the tools
- Engages in training people of the departments in health andsafety and do the necessary audits
- Evaluates the skills development needs of the team's staffand make recommendations to the department Director regarding the appropriatetechnical training programs;
- Ensures compliance with administrative requirements, issuingtime sheets, expense reports, schedules, etc.
- Manages underperformance and recognize the performance
Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Participates in the identification of hazards, theevaluation and the determination of the elements of risk management. Transmitsany proposed addition or modification, such as a new task, a new hazard, a newrequirement from a client, to the corporate OHS team
- Informs new employees at their hiring and, thereafter on aregular basis, on the preventive measures they must follow to perform theirduties (Job Safety Analysis training)
- Performs task observations with its employees
- Ensures employees are aware of up to date safety rules,insisting on their compliance and respond to questions and comments from theirstaff
- Facilitates the deployment and execution of activities fromthe company's OHS management system and promotes health and safety in his/herdepartment
- Supports the provision of safety equipment and materials forits staff and provides a framework for their maintenance and upkeep
- The department Directors and Team Leaders are responsiblefor accompanying and supporting Project Managers and Discipline Officers inpersonnel management and PPE
- Ensures that information is properly transmitted to the OHScorporate team or OHS Advisor as soon as possible, within the Operation of anyaccident, occupational disease or incident suffered by an employee in thecourse of his duties, complete and provide all the required documentation and,where applicable, sees to the success of the temporary assignment
- Supports visitors and subcontractors who intervene in theirfacilities
- Identifies, on request, the first responders who will act incase of emergency in their establishments
- Ensures the progress of the processing of non-conformitiesand requests for corrective or preventive actions related to OSH that have beenrecorded in the department.
- Coaches Disciplinary Officers and Project Managers (givevalue to the project)
- Participates as needed in the start-up, review & reportof the project
- Manages projects in the capacity of an acting ProjectManager
- Disciplinary Officer for certain projects
- Helps develop or ensure that the team provides a qualitycontact with the client
- Identifies the trends of the activity area and suggests waysof developing the services offered in collaboration with the BD group
- Seizes and shares business opportunities
- Collaborates as needed with the global development team
- Participates in major proposal processes and writeoperational proposals
- A licensed engineer in Building Science
- 15 years of experience in a similar role
- Elaboration of plans and specs for roofing, Waterproofing, Building envelop, PCA's, Multi level parking remediation works.
- Being bilingual is an asset.
- Background experience and project details would be required.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.