Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Nursing, Healthcare
Position Available: Casual
Ocean View is a Charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960's. We provide a variety of services, predominately for seniors and others folks that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the "community of choice" for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
Responsible for the organization and management of the nursing unit ensuring Ocean View's standards for quality care are maintained, under the direction of the Neighbourhood Manager.
- Current registration with Registered Nurses' Association of Nova Scotia
- Bachelor or Nursing Degree or Nursing Administration Course (preferred)
- Three (3) years geriatric nursing experience
- Demonstrated administrative experience and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively as a contributing team member
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing process, nursing diagnosis, excellent clinical assessment skills and problem solving
- Demonstrated supervisory and interpersonal communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work 24-hour shift rotation on any nursing unit
- Knowledge and experience in Venipuncture (preferred)
- Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Free Parking & on Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
- Casual staff will be paid 10% in lieu of vacation
Salary Range: In accordance with the Collective Agreement between Ocean View and the Ocean View Local of the Nova Scotia Nurses' Union.
Rotation: Days/Evenings/Nights: All Shift Hours
Signing Bonus: A signing bonus is available based on the prorated FTE. Some conditions apply.
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929