Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Job Location: Meteghan, NS
Villa Acadienne is an 86-bed long term care facility that has adopted the Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care. We believe in a resident centered care approach and strive to make life for our residents worth living. We're moving away from an institutional model of care and transforming our home into a place where residents can continue to grow and live full lives. We are situated in Meteghan, NS. We are about 30 minutes from Yarmouth, 40 minutes from Digby and about 3 hours from Halifax. We invite you to come join our team and enjoy life along the coast of Saint Mary's Bay. For more information on who we are and the services we provide, please visit our website at www.villaacadienne.com.
Promotes recovery and health of residents by:
- Collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members;
- Providing physical and psychological support to residents, friends, and families;
- Supervising assigned care team members;
- Responsible for resident treatments, medication administration and supervising resident care while ensuring it is to Villa Acadienne standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and abilities:
- LPN currently licensed in the province of Nova Scotia
- Medication administration experience
- Able to communicate in French and English (an asset).
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated leadership skills, personal initiative, sound judgment, as well as the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Proven ability to make timely decisions, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary with shift and weekend premiums
- Employee Benefits
- A chance for you to make a difference
- Many education opportunities.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter stating why you are interested in these positions then forward to:
Tina Dodman, Villa Acadienne, PO Box 248, Meteghan, NS BOW 2JO
Deadline for receiving applications: January 24, 2020.