Gaming System Integration Analyst (03-2034)
Atlantic Lottery will not be in a position to provide any Offers of Employment until the current COVID-19 situation is resolved and operations return to normal. In the meantime, we will continue to accept applications for the posted positions.
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you, this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Gaming System Integration Analyst, based in Moncton, NB.
The Gaming System Integration Analyst role encompasses comprehensive subject matter expertise for all gaming systems financial transactions including all inputs to retailer invoicing and all other events or transactions with a financial impact to AL. This role requires a thorough understanding of all transactions, associated business processes, applicable legislative and regulatory considerations, appropriate accounting treatments, and end-to-end flow of journal entries throughout the entire process cycle.
If you are passionate and have contagious energy, if you're constantly showing initiative and love to work in a team, we invite you to keep reading!
Gaming Projects Support - Prepare and submit finance requirements for new gaming systems or changes to gaming systems to ensure alignment to applicable accounting standards and gaming regulations; collaborate with project colleagues and contribute throughout the project lifecycle; ensure all key requirements are adequately defined, tested, and successfully implemented; own the delivery of associated process and procedure documentation and provide training as required.
Gaming Integration - Monitor and maintain the on-going integrity of financial gaming integration and associated financial records and reports; troubleshoot issues to determine impacts and identify and action resolutions.
Financial Systems - Financial Systems Super-user for the Oracle eBS Accounts Receivable application and Gaming Subledger to Oracle eBS GL Interfaces and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) application, ensuring optimization of the applications to maximize process efficiency and system performance; possess a complete understanding of system logic, all integration points and accounting requirements; troubleshoot and problem solve as required, while ensuring adherence to relevant accounting standards, etc.
Operational Support - perform operational duties as required:
- Financial Accounting - Prepare/review journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis to ensure financial transactions are complete, reliable, and compliant with IFRS standards; maintain a solid understanding of the Chart of Accounts and tax rules
- Reporting and Analysis - Prepare / review internal and external reports and requests for information, as required.
- Accounts Receivable - Maintain completeness and accuracy of Accounts Receivable; perform credit and collection duties
- Gaming Liabilities - Maintain completeness and accuracy of Gaming Liabilities including Deferred Revenue, Lottery Payables, Unclaimed Prize Liabilities, amounts Due to Shareholders, and Debt
- iLottery - Maintain completeness and accuracy of iLottery transaction processing including a solid understanding of system integrations
Process Documentation: Regularly review and update all assigned standards, processes and procedural documentation to ensure they are accurate and complete.
What we can expect from you:
- You have outstanding communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to influence and gain support and adoption from leaders across the business;
- Ability to build effective relationships with the business;
- You are a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- A team player who values the importance of teamwork;
- Possess tact when dealing with sensitive situations and ensuring confidentiality and;
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns.
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office specifically Excel;
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment;
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follows up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also being a strong team player;
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind and;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion.
You should apply if you have the following:
- You have minimum of five years' experience working in Finance/Accounting or similar role.
- You have a College diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
- An innate technological curiosity and love innovation
- You like to challenge your fellow co-workers in order to enhance and evolve the team
- You have a DevOps mindset
Awesome if you had:
- Proficient in financial systems, feeds and integration points;
- Experience with Oracle eBS and/or;
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply before March 31, 2020.
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.