For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title:Implementation Specialist - GroupBenefits
Department:Ontario Installation & Administration
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Reports To:Team Leader
In this position you will be primarily responsible for the implementation of new corporate group business, as well as other projects as assigned. You will work closely with external customers as well as a wide variety of internal parties to ensure client needs are met.
- Oversight and accountability of all new corporate business implementation projects ensuring all operational requirements are met;
- Ownership and innovation of the end to end implementation process using best practices to serve and support facing internal and external clients;
- Successfully manage new business project changes, risks, issues and actions;
- Regularly communicate project updates with stakeholders to ensure buy in and project success; ( i.e. status updates, meetings);
- Act as key point of contact with our External Clients and Client Services Teams including attending new group installation meetings and collaborating with operational areas within Medavie Blue Cross to ensure client needs are attainable and met;
- Analyze and synthesize detailed documentation, such as original proposals and prior carrier contracts and translate these requirements into Medavie Blue Cross specifications; and
- Ensure an excellent customer experience, including timeliness, quality and project management focus.
Education : University or college diploma. Insurance qualifications such as LOMA OR CEBS, or willingness to acquire these qualifications
Work Experience : Minimum three to five years' experience in group health/dental and life and disability insurance. Experience in project management or a similar analytical role strongly preferred.
Computer Skills : Intermediate to advanced computer skills and a working knowledge of various software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Prior experience working with MSProject is considered an asset.
Language Skills : Bilingualism (French and English) is considered an asset.
Other Qualifications :
- Strong understanding of the group insurance/benefits industry;
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills;
- Innovative problem solver and trouble-shooter;
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills;
- Effective coping mechanisms and positive attitude;
- Demonstrated flexibility and initiative to learn and adapt in fact paced work environment;
- Ability to handle fluctuating volumes;
- Adept at working both in a team environment and independently;
- Self-motivated and goal oriented;
- Detail oriented;
- Possess a high level of integrity and accountability;
- Excellent Communication skills - Written, Oral and Auditory; and
- Strong work ethic.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code , Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Implementation Manager, Claims, Project Manager, Technology, Insurance