For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Functional Analyst Department:User Experience & Digital Technology Competition: 5402 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Permanent; Full Time Location: Moncton Salary: Competitive Compensation Reports To: Manager, IT Applications
We're looking for an outstanding Functional Analyst to join us in improving and revitalizing our member-facing applications. You'll collaborate with the team to turn complex business needs and functional requirements into high-quality software solutions, while following departmental software engineering processes, methodologies and standards.
Our ideal candidate is collaborative and team-minded, while also being capable of independent self-direction. You're a great communicator, with a knack for innovative solutions and a keen interest in dynamic and emerging technologies. You see challenges as puzzles to be solved, not roadblocks. You are detail-oriented and organized, able to understand the big-picture goal while focusing on a complex timeline of tasks.
Your everyday with us will consist of:
- Analyze requirements and conceptualize, define and document appropriate solution considering development and Quality Assurance
- Analyze data and system integrations to understand underlying functional impacts introduced through business requirements
- Estimate with high degree of accuracy the effort required to produce appropriate solution
- Lead efforts to carry out appropriate solution with goal of fulfilling all business requirements
- Assess business needs and document requirements
- Transition and communicate problem solution to designers, developers and testers
- Communicate and collaborate with business counterparts the solution status and plans
- Advise, persuade &/or negotiate on problems or situations of a simple to complex nature
- Manage multiple priorities and activities
- Provide supervision, leadership, mentorship, coaching and guidance to any team members, ensuring all members follow the direction provided.
- Plan and coordinate simple to complex projects and activities with team members and any stakeholders both internal to Medavie Blue Cross and external clients.
What you need to succeed:
Education: University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or a similar program
Work Experience: 7+ years in a functional or system analyst role
Language Skills: Proficiency in English is required (written & spoken). Proficiency in French would be an asset.
Skills: Hands on experience in technical solution design, software specifications, conceptualization and development; Hands on experience in agile projects; Customer oriented and focused on delivering high value innovative solutions.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Quality Assurance, User Experience, Software Engineer, Engineering, Technology