Field Technician/Material Technician
Founded in Quebec more than 50 years ago,Englobe is the one of Canada's largest soils, materials and environmentorganizations. Englobe isdistinguished by the credibility it has built up over the years and itspeople-centred values. Its 2,300 employees provide recognized expertise to along roster of clients across Canada and abroad. The Englobe name is aguarantee of quality.
Englobe is currentlylooking for Field Technicians for our operations to work in our project inAbitibi and The James Bay territory, Quebec.
Reporting to the TeamLeader, the chosen candidates will carry out testing of soil, asphalt, andconcrete on construction sites for urban or rural land development, municipalinfrastructure, and building construction. Opportunities to learn andconduct more complex materials inspections and geotechnical will becomeavailable as experience is gained. Carrying and use of testequipment involves some effort of a physical nature. Training will beprovided in on-site safety, testing procedures, and use of equipment.
The field technicianwill be working 7 days a week and 11 hours a day. The rotation in Abitibi and The James Bayterritory projects schedule will be based on 21 days worked and 7 daysoff.
- Conducting on-sitetesting of soil compaction, asphalt compaction, and concrete properties;
- Collecting sample forlaboratory testing;
- Completing the testingprograms in the laboratory;
- Preparation &review of field reports documenting equipment used, test locations, andresults;
- Attending regularstaff meetings (potentially after-hours);
- Assist with equipmentcalibration and building maintenance as needed; and,
- Other duties asassigned by supervisor.
- Technical Diploma in a field related to Civil Engineering;
- More than 2 years of experience in highway materials, construction materials sampling and testing and inspection, and association registration;
- CSA or ACI certification (asset);
- Must have a valid Driver's Licence.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.